Utilizing the power of video on your website can increase the popularity of your website dramatically. Adding video to your website will transform your website into a dynamic website that will attract and keep visitors returning. Whether you want to earn money, share your knowledge or increase page views, creating videos with “best practice” in mind will achieve this goal.
Use Video to Enhance Your Website
You can convert your static website into a dynamic, interactive destination. Some of the video types you can use to enhance your website are:
- Promotional Videos: They show who you are and what you do.
- Virtual Tour Videos: They show visitors your physical location and company environment.
- Website Tour Videos: They show what visitors can find on the website, and where it is.
Use Video to Demonstrate a Product or Activity
How-to videos are very popular type of video on the web, and businesses can use them to educate customers. Videos can be used to educate customers on how to use your product, and also save time and money on customer services. Effective videos have been used to:
- Demonstrate how to install or set up your product
- Show your product in action
- Educate clients and staff remotely on the use of your product.
Use Video to Share Your Expertise
Your businesses can use video to create a marketing niche for yourselves by establish your expertise on a particular topic.
- Create educational videos that provide your website visitors with in-depth information related to your industry.
- Create newscast videos to update viewers on the latest headlines in your field of work or product offering.
- Compile and publish a selection of videos from experts or podcasts related to your topic or product.
Use Video to Drive Traffic to Your Website
Creating videos with “best practice” in producing those videos and with proper video Search-Engine-Optimization (SEO) you can drive lots of traffic to your website as most search engines like Google will list your videos separately on their search index. To enhance your video SEO you can use some of the following techniques:
- Use targeted keywords when titling and tagging your videos and make sure you add a link back to your website in the video description.
- Create a variety of videos, each focusing on a different search term.
- Use multiple video sharing sites such as Facebook, Twitter est, to increase links back to your main website.
Use Video to Promote a Sale or Special Event
Video can be used as a cost effective way to launch a special ad campaign or introduce your customers and potential customers to an upcoming sale or new product. Updating your website’s news with information of an upcoming launch will be significantly more effective if combined with a Video relaying the same or more information.
Videos can be very effective to:
- Show off new products you're selling
- Reward viewers for watching your promotional videos by include promo codes within the videos.
- Notify customers of upcoming specials
Use Video to Communicate with visitors
Video can give your business a “face” that allow visitors to your website to engage on a personal level with your website.
Caution should be used when using these types of videos in your website. They should only be used if they will have a dramatic positive effect on user engagement with your website. Videos like these should be placed in such a way as not to hamper the user experience of your website. If this cannot be achieved, it would be best to steer clear of these types of videos.
Some of these videos include:
- Website welcome videos.
- Profile videos that introduce your executives and employees.
- Customer testimonial videos that communicate your company's value.
Use Video to Engage Customers with Your Brand
Video can be used as an interactive medium to get your visitors engaged and excited about your brand. When you get your website users excited about your product, they may create and upload videos of themselves interacting and being happy with your product.
To achieve this, start a video contest to promote your brand;
- Ask users to upload videos of themselves using your product.
- Invite users to embed your videos on their own web pages.
Use Video to Stand Out From your Competition
Web video is becoming widespread, however many industries don't yet use videos. If your competitors don't yet use video, you'll be able to set yourself apart by using video on your website.
- Add a video to your business listing in online directories
- Promote your web videos on local websites
24Web Design Studio can offer you all your video requirements.
Click on the links below for some working examples.
(PLEASE NOTE: The links above are merely examples. We will tailor the videos you use to match your websites look and feel so as to ensure that they seamlessly integrate with your website.)