Outlook 2010 Setup email account Guide
Email: 24web or your connection ISP will send you this information
Incoming (POP) server: 24web or your connection ISP will send you this information
Outgoing (SMTP) server: 24web or your connection ISP will send you this information
Account / User Name: 24web or your connection ISP will send you this information
SMTP Authentication: On (same Username as POP)
SMTP Port: 587
1. Launch Outlook 2010
2. Select File from the top menu bar and then Info and Add Account
3. On the Auto Account Set-up screen, tick Manually configure server settings or additional server types and click Next.
4. Tick Internet E-mail and click Next.
5. Enter all the relevant details (Select ‘POP3’ as the server type) and then click More Settings (Note: Outlook will auto-fill your user name, please ensure you fill in your entire email address as the username)
6. Click on the Outgoing Server tab and tick My outgoing server (SMTP) requires authentication, also tick Use same settings as my incoming mail server.
7. Select the Advanced tab
Ensure that your settings look like the settings shown in this screen shot above. In particular, check that:
The Incoming server (POP) port is set to 110
The Outgoing server (SMTP) port is set to 587
,then click OK.
9. Click Test Account Settings and if you receive a green tick next to all tested items, then you have successfully setup your email account and you should now be able to send and receive emails, click close. (If not start from the top of this guide and make sure that you have entered the information exactly as your received it from 24web or your connection ISP. Be especially sure that when you “copy and paste” information that you do not by accident include an additional leading or trailing blank space.)
10. Click Next and then Finish.